Followers

Monday, June 10, 2013

Friday Night onwards

I had a very quiet night on Friday night watching some tv and working on my Red Home pincushion so I did take part in Friday Night with Friends hosted by Cheryll


But then on Saturday, after the lovely Marilyn had posted a tutorial for one of her zip pouches I started work on it.  I thought the zip was going to be a bit tricky but Marilyn had it all worked out for us and it went together really well.


Sunday Morning I finished the last little bit of sewing down the binding and I now have a completed pouch.


I am sure I will be making quite a few more of these in my future, they can be used for anything you want.

Even though today is a the last day of a long weekend I am off to work - the joys of working in retail.  Its raining and dreary so would make an excellent sewing day instead, but never mind, I have to support my habit somehow.

 DE

15 comments:

  1. The little pincushions are so sweet... even if a bit fiddly to do.... love your finished pouch...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pincushion looks gorgeous, also checking out Marilyns tutorial, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those little hexies and cute house.
    Great pouch ... will be very handy for all sorts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try those pouches too - your pin cushion will look lovely.
    Darn about working isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pin cushion is going to be lovely De. Love the pouch too. I'm going to give one of those pouches a go too (when I get a chance).

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely work De,well done ,enjoy your day at work think of the penalty rates,lol.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shame about the work when you are on a roll with sewing. Your pin cushion is going to be gorgeous. Must start mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pin cushion De and the pouch look great too. hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both your pincushion and pouch are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that pincushion, so much variety in a small project. You can never have too many zipper pouches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done De !! I'm also working on the June pincushion !!
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was still a good sewing weekend for you. The pincushion is going to be so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a good weekend De...your pincushion is lovely...great work on the zip

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a productive weekend; fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmmmm maybe I should give the pouches a go.....

    ReplyDelete